Common Router Bit Profiles
- Straight bits – make straight cuts such as dadoes and grooves.
- Rabbeting bits – cut a notch along the edge of a workpiece.
- Flush-trim bits – trim the edge of one workpiece to match the edge of another.
- Chamfer bits – cut a bevel on the edge of a workpiece.
- Round-over bits – soften the edge of a workpiece.
- Beading bits – cut a rounded decorative edge.
- Molding bits – combine edge-forming profiles into one bit.
- Specialty bits – such as dovetail, stile-and-rail, and panel-raising bits – used for a specific task.
This carbide rabbeting bit includes bearings for 5/16″, 3/8″, 7/16″ and 1/2″ deep rabbets. You can vary the cutting depth by changing bearings with the included hex wrench. Perfect for joinery applications such as for setting in cabinet backs.