Common Router Bit Profiles
- Straight bits – make straight cuts such as dadoes and grooves.
- Rabbeting bits – cut a notch along the edge of a workpiece.
- Flush-trim bits – trim the edge of one workpiece to match the edge of another.
- Chamfer bits – cut a bevel on the edge of a workpiece.
- Round-over bits – soften the edge of a workpiece.
- Beading bits – cut a rounded decorative edge.
- Molding bits – combine edge-forming profiles into one bit.
- Specialty bits – such as dovetail, stile-and-rail, and panel-raising bits – used for a specific task.
This carbide rabbeting bit includes bearings for 5/16″, 3/8″, 7/16″ and 1/2″ deep rabbets. You can vary the cutting depth by changing bearings with the included hex wrench. Perfect for joinery applications such as for setting in cabinet backs.
There are no reviews yet.